Re: Kemp/Baker/Brandon trade

Bill Walton played behind Kevin McHale and Robert Parish and had much much
better numbers.  Isaac Austin played behing Mourning and PJ Brown and also
had much better numbers.  If anything, Knight had an advantage by playing
with Campbell and Shaq, because he was almost always on the floor with at
least one of them, and drew much easier defenders.  In the games I saw, a
lot of his rebounds came when someone else drew two defenders on a double
team in the low post - this will not happen much in Boston considering we
don't have a bug low post player at all (Antoine Walker could become one,
but he is still more of an outside in player).

As to improving as a starter, he really didn't.  His overall numbers went
up, but that was because he played more minutes.  His points and rebounds
per minute dropped.  Moreover, take out his one huge game, and his numbers
as a starter are not much better than as a sub despite the increase in
minutes.  I really don't see much to suggest the guy will be good for much
more than 6 points/ 5 rebounds a game - especially considering there is no
one to draw the low post double team and leave him free ont he weak side.

On top o this, his best games aren't any more impressive than Brett
Szabo's best games (statisticly at least).  I hope he works out, but I
really feel he is the Jim McIlvaine/John Koncack of 1997.

Adam