Trade

Pitino never said, to my knowledge, exactly what the trade proposal was but
indicated that it included 1 or more of the picks and included a player that
had 1 year left. I first thought he was talking about Baker since I hadn't
heard anything else until I read the Nando net post which filled in the blank
with Stackhouse. When he spoke of it, everyone in the room appeared to know
what he was talking about as no one questioned him further. He only spoke of
it off the cuff after being asked if there was any trade proposals  that have
been made. He then mentions that  the trade mentioned in the newspaper was
interesting and then adds that the Celts wouldn't trade for a player with a 1
year contract that they didn't think they may not be able to resign.

>Pitino seemed intrigued  about the Dino,3,6 for 2 and Stackhouse deal. I
also
think it is too much unless Pitino is convinced that the only way we can get
good is by signing a big-time free agent. The way Pitino referred to it made
it seem like it was a newspaper manufacturing that may be interesting rather
than something he was pushing. Pitino did add that he would have to have some
indication that Stackhouse would stay beyond the next year.

Wallace said the most glaring need on this team was a star. Does it come with
Battie or Stackhouse or with a future free agent signing once Dino is
unloaded?<