Just get the best player available...

Right now, it seems that after Tim Duncan, nobody else comes close on
being a super franchise player.  But it doesn't mean we couldn't get
talented players from the draft. I don't think it would be wise to just
pick players out from NEEDS, we should be thinking or drafting the best
players available in the draft.  So what if we already have an abundance
of small forwards, or shooting guards,sooooo what!!!  It doesn't always
work when we just pick someone cause we need someone in that position.
I say, hypothetically, if we pick Mercer, (and obviously not a need
right now) but in return we could acquire someone with a very obvious
superstar potential and talents.  In return, if our coach sees that
picking Mercer wouldn't work or would create chaos to the team then shop
him around.  Other teams are raving for someone like him.  My point is
that we should just get someone with the highest market value so if we
decide to trade him we in return could get someone with a 'high market
value' factor that could be of help to our team.