The calm after the storm.

Isn't it surprising that there is absolutely no worthwhile news from wither
the C's or the globe. I was reading the New York Daily news and saw this
column by Mitch Lawrence with some c's related news..so here it is:

Rick Pitino tried to ship his No. 3 and No. 6 picks to San Antonio for the
No. 1, but the Spurs rejected the bid. San Antonio has decided it will not
trade the pick, which it will use on Tim Duncan, under any circumstances.
But Spurs are fielding calls "just to tease people," said one club exec.

** No wonder, nobody from the C's has been talking about Duncan at all
after the Spurs rejected the offer.

Nets have decided to re-sign Sam Cassell and David Benoit. . . . If Larry
Brown hasn't traded the No. 2 pick by now, he has hots for Tim Thomas.
Larry calls him the best high schooler last year, which couldn't have made
many Philadelphians happy, since they thought they had that in Kobe Bryant.
Sixers better get a GM-type in there fast (we hear owners, rejected by
Daly, want Billy Cunningham to replace Pat Croce as front man).

** Brown having the hots for Tim Thomas reasserts my faith in the
Leprechaun. If the Phillys pick Thomas at 2 or trade down, we will get our
shot at Battie & Van Horn.

If you believe in conspiracy theories, there's one floating around about
why the Celtics didn't win the lottery. It says that the Celtics tried so
hard to lose — putting several players on the shelf when they were ready to
return from injuries — that the league got mad and held it against them.

** and San Antonio didn't, what a bunch of poppycock and are you  Mr
Lawrence saying that the lottery is rigged in favour of who David Stern
likes.
                                                          - MIshra