Re: Celtic Draft Problem

>We won't be able to sign any decent FA center because a decent
>FA center would command more salary money than we have under the cap.  For
>example, Seattle paid 3 million for Joe McIlvaine, who was never exactly a
>top notch center, and he didn't do very much for them this season.  At that
>price I'd rather draft Foyle, because at least he has the potential to be
>better than a guy like McIlvaine, and you have the option of re-signing Fox
>or Wesley, or saving cap money for next year's free agent class.

There aren't very many free agent Centers this year, yet alone GOOD ones.
And signing them would cost a lot of money.  I think we could try a shot at
Brian Williams, but last year he was looking for 10 million a year or some
outrageous number like that at which I say forget him!  If he is willing to
sign for some reasonable money (2-2.5 million), which I doubt he will, then
he might be worth it.  As long as his health problems have been cleared up.

Tim

Nault
rnault@ptialaska.net

Visit the PatriotsPage at: