Baker

A short item from the Globe:

If the Celtics are interested in dealing either of
  their first-round picks, they should call Milwaukee. The Bucks are
  almost certain to lose Vin Baker when he becomes a free agent in 1999.
  The forward from the Hartford-area is a Celtics fan.

After the disappointment in losing Duncan I bet Pitino and staff are
looking hard at this one. It would be difficult to pass up a potential
all-star who actually *wants* to play for a losing team.

I would love to see Utah in the finals. They deserve it after so many years
as also-rans. They also play about the most pure form of half-court
basketball I've seen since maybe .....1986?

- -Marc

President, Celtics fan club
Toda, Japan