Re: Duncan still trade bait

> People are giving up too early about getting Duncan.  First of all Duncan
> cannot play power forward in the NBA.  He will get pulvarized by Malone and he
> is not fast enough to get up and down the floor.

I have seen a LOT of Tim Duncan (Wake season tix for 4 years).  He is stronger than
he looks.  He has been listed at 6'10" 248 since his freshman year and my guess he is
more like 6'11" 260.  He has a swimmer's body.  He can hang in with the big boys (are
you saying he will get pulverized by Malone but not by Shaq?) and he can run (not like
Kemp but as good as most 4s.  It amazes me when people say a certain player can't play
a certain position and then point out he will get beat by the MVP.  Malone pulverizes
everybody.

> Secondly the Spurs at best
> would finish 4th behind Utah, Los Angeles, and Houston because they have no
> backcourt and no bench.

You think the Spurs will be better with Mercer and Daniels than they are with Duncan?
The Spurs have been looking for a PF since ever (including their ill-fated stint with the
Worm).  Duncan will be the best PF they have ever had.

> Lastly the Spurs owner Peter Holt is a cheapskate and
> will be unwilling to pay 2 franchise centers what they are worth (~20 Mill).
> He wants Duncan so he can built that new arena.

This is a reason to keep Duncan.  For those first 3 years, top rookies are a bargain
now.  If he trades Duncan for Kemp, he will be spending a whole lot more money.

> MSNBC is already reporting trade rumors between Seattle - Duncan for Kemp.
> Duncan will not like playing back-up center to Robinson.  Our deal is the best
> because San Antonio can get two quality college players without messing up
> their salary cap.  They could get Mercer and Daniels, then pick up a power
> forward on the free agent market after dumping Smith.

A power forward like who, Frank Brickowski?  Easier to get bench folks than a quality
power forward.

Sorry I just don't see your arguments.

Fred