Re: The Giant Korean - random thoughts

Theresa Lee wrote:

> Just to clear up the giant Korean controversy....
>
> The NBA has said that no teams may sign this man because it is against the
> law to so business with a country that we do not do business with.  It
> violates a federal law. Unless or until the United States government wants
> to do business with North Korea (not likely), he can't play in the NBA.
> They could have an exemption, but it is not likely.

or he could defect to the U.S. (or Canada) ...

He's in Canada now.  There is also speculation that one of the Canadian
teams (Toronto of Vancouver) could get him, if they wanted to battle the
NBA in court.   Their case in that they are Canadian teams, not on U.S.
soil...

Then again, why not bring Manute Bol back from where ever he went?  He
was developing a decent 3-point shot right before he stepped out of the
league...