RE: Draft

There are lots of guys I like that I think we could draft around 10 like
Anderson, McGrady, Daniels, and Billups.  Trading down to get rid of one of
our losers (Brown, Barros, Ellison, etc.) would be a good idea.  However
you take the risk of the player you want not being there when it gets to
the tenth pick.  On another note, what do you guys think about taking God
Shammgod in the second round?  I like this guy!

Tim

>I agree with the trading down idea.  Especially if we don't trade for Duncan
>(I'll be shocked if SA trades him).  I really like the idea of trying to
>trade down to the 10th spot (or around 10) and drafting either Anderson,
>McGrady, or Daniels.  I think we can basically do as well at 10 as we can at
>6.
>

>             Curtis Smith
> ----------
>From: eestes@blue.kps.esu10.k12.ne.
>To: CURTISS; celtics@igtc.COM
>Subject: Draft
>Date: Tuesday, May 20, 1997 10:35AM
>
>        Picture this...  Rick Patino decides in the middle of his last
>season with Kentucky that he will coach the C's.  He then decides not to
>play Derek Anderson, even though he is 100% and ready.  Pitino then trades
>down in the draft to about 10-15 and picks Anderson for the steal of the
>century.  Who knows... It could be true.
>        I think we should trade down and get Tracy McGrady.  What do you
>all think.
>
>                                                        Erik

Nault
rnault@ptialaska.net