Re: Spilt Milk

I agree with you 100%.  Carr was clearly dejected at not having the #1
pick.  But rather then having a bad attitude and getting all pissed he
graciously shook hands with the winner (the Spurs representative).  Life
goes on, not getting the #1 pick doesn't spell doom for years to come!

Tim

>How the hell does one act like one cares?  Since when did you all become
>amatuer psychologists?  Ok, so everytime someone smiles they're happy,
>right?  And everytime someone isn't smiling their upset?  You people are
>worse than tempermental spouses.  I saw a Philly exec jumping up and down
>looking genuinely excited after his card did NOT come up 5th or whatever
>it should have.  THAT's being happy.  How does one act indifferent, by
>yawning maybe???  In ML's face, in MY OPINION, and I'm no psych analyst,
>so I may be wrong, but apparently I may have a BIT more life experiences,
>cause I saw a man who was dejected but still trying to put a smile on his
>face to show the world that life goes on and he's a PROFESSIONAL, which is
>why they require all those people to wear 3 PIECE SUITS.  You don't get up
>there and CRY like a baby, what the hell would people say about the
>Celtics then?  They sent a big cry baby to the lottery, that
>organization is pathetic.  Wake up and realize that basketball is a
>PROFESSION, not a children's game.  Just because he put that stupid grin
>on his face, he still  looked extrememly dejected.  What's that line,
>"smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to."  When you're told in a
>job interview that your not hired, do you get up and start swearing or
>pouting?  Or do you put on a weak smile and say thanx, maybe next time.
>So MAYBE they won't put the word out on the street that you're a baby?
>
>Sorry for the tirade, but before you blast someone for not caring, learn
>about a few basic principles of psychology.  IT will make your existence a
>bit more peaceful....
>
>-Jamey

Nault
rnault@ptialaska.net