Re: Spilt Milk

Nault wrote:

> Well what the hell did you expect him to do?  Start crying like a little baby?  Pull out a gun and shoot the draft officials?  I don't
think so!  He knew that he lost fair and square and was a good enough
man to congratulate the winner, rather than throwing a fit like too many
athletes do now-a-days.  I say "good job Carr!  You may have lost but at
least you kept your dignity!"  I feel sorry for the guy!  He puts his
ass on the line being the scapegoat for everybody that likes the Celtics
this year and what does he get?  A freaking third pick!  I really do
feel bad for the guy.  How would you feel if everybody was wailing on
you for losing and then the reason you lost didn't even pan out?

Sorry, Tim, but I think there's a big difference between being a
gracious loser and being a happy loser.  As a Celtics fan living in New
Jersey, I know EXACTLY how it feels to be attacked about losing and then
not even getting the silver lining in the cloud.  I was very unhappy,
and it would have been nice to see even a GLIMMER of disappointment on
ML's face.  There's nothing undignified about that -- would you have
called Larry Bird undignified back in 1985 when the C's lost to the
Lakers?  My point is that his reaction proves that ML is an
inappropriate representative -- leaving aside the "luck" factor, let's
just get someone who cares.

As for Van Horn, how can you say ANY college player has proven himself
merely based on his personal stats or his team's record?  From what I've
seen, he's a good shooter and rebounder, but he's 6'10" and skinny (kind
of like another white guy from Utah the C's once drafted) and I have no
sense of his defensive abilities -- it's tough to judge most players'
defensive abilities coming from a league where virtually everyone plays
some form of zone.