Re: I think the C's take Foyle at #3

Why on Earth are all of you so high on Foyle? Sure, he blocked more shots
in three years than Duncan did in four, so what? The main difference in
that statement is this: the Patriot League and the ACC. One of my former
high school teammates, Chris Rojik, was a senior and the captain this past
year at Holy Cross, one of Colgate's most formidable opponents in the
Patriot League. Rojik is 6'7", and was the starting center and matched up
against Foyle. With all due respect to Rojik (he's still the best player
I've ever played with), it's a helluva lot easier to block the likes of
Chris Rojik compared to Rasheed Wallace, Joe Smith, or several other ACC
players Duncan has swatted. Not to mention that Wake Forest played out of
conference games against teams with players like Marcus Camby and Big
Country Reeves, in which Duncan held his own. Obviously, Duncan is better
than Foyle, but that isn't even the point, the point is Foyle is unproven
and was unchallenged in the Patriot League. He wouldn't even be an
issue as a lottery pick if he played in any respectable conference, let
alone the ACC. Plus, with the Patriot League being so weak, why couldn't
Foyle lead his team to the title and into the NCAA tournament this year?
Sounds like a bust to me. Let's just hope the Celtics shy away from him
and let somebody else make the mistake of the draft.