Re: I think the C's take Foyle at #3

I've got to disagree.  Foyle was better as a froshman than Dare was at
any point in his career, and Foyle has improved each year.  In Foyle we
would be getting the NCAA career shot blocking champion (and he only
played three years).  Foyle blocked more shots in 3 years than Duncan
did in 4.

Basicly, Foyle was in the top 10 in the nation in scoring, rebounding,
and blocked shots.  Most importantly, he was second in the nation in
rebounds and 1st in blocked shots with an incredible blocked shot rate
of over 6 a game!!!!

His offense is raw, but his athleticism is incredible.  He has very long
arms, great leaping, and a very strong 6'10 frame.  Foyle looks a lot
more like Dale Davis or Charles Oakly than Yinka Dare.  Unless Battie
survives to the 3 spot, I would take Foyle, and even then I'd consider
taking Adonal over Battie.  I would be shocked if Foyle lasts past 5,
and three years from now he will most likely be the steal of the draft.

Yesterday I listened to Celtic Scout Leo Papillo(forgive the spelling),
and he rated Foyle equal to Duncan for potentail, but slightly behind in
overall development (But Foyle is younger).  Athletic big men with good
work ethic and good maturity are hard to find, and Foyle is rated highly
in all catagories.  He clearly wants the Celtics to take Foyle.  Both he
and Pitinio kept stating they were going to take the player who would be
the best three years or so down the line, which is exactly how they
described Foyle.

I don't see how you can compare an Academic All-American and holder of
NCAA records in division 1 basketball, to an underachieving big man who
never put up great numbers and was identified as a head case and
motivational problem while still in college.  Foyle has worked hard at
both school and basketball, Dare has done neither.

I don;t see how the Celtics can pass up a 6'10 250 pound C/F who
averaged better than 24 points, 13 rebounds, and 6 blocks a game playing
division one basketball with little team support.  The small school
argument doesn't seem to be that big of a factor - look at Pippen,
Stockton, Rodman, Parish, and Vin Baker.  The only way being from a
small school hurt them was it lowered their draft position, and a lot of
teams missed out on all star level talent.  I hope the Celtics don't
make the same mistake with Foyle, as he has the potential to be a force
and center, and I don't see him being worse than Dale Davis even if he
doesn;t reach his potetntial.  That's a lot more than you can say for
most of the lottery picks.

Overall, I hope the draft goes:

Duncan
Battie
*Foyle*
Mercer
Thomas
*Van Horne*

If boston doesn't take Foyle, I don't see how both Denver and Vancouver
will pass on him.  Van Horne is a long shot at 6, but hopefully Tim
Thomas will impress in camps and raise his stock so there is a chacne of
 Keith dropping to 6.

Adam