Sour Grapes, Foyle

JASPINDLER@aol.com wrote:

>  On the bright side for all TRUE Celtics fans, the Knicks went down in flames yesterday, (I can smell the sour grapes from here in Boston) and
the Lakers now have to get past a formidable Spurs team for the next few
years.
> I don't know about everybody else, but I'm a little tired of having to
spend my energy rooting against the Knicks and Lakers.  It's time we had
something to root FOR again.  Besides, as much as I HATE Starks,
Choakley and Co., how happy can I be at a RILEY win?  The man is SATAN
INCARNATE!

casey soulies wrote:

> I would try to sell the spurs the 3 pick, E.Williams, D.Raja (agreeing to pay his salary, or some of it) and a D.Barros for the #1, because I
think the Celt's need a couple of good picks not just one, although that
one is pretty good.

NOT GONNA HAPPEN.  Someone else's earlier proposal of the 3, the 6,
Radja AND eating Charles Smith's contract makes more sense from the
Spurs' perspective, but the only trade I would consider if I were in San
Antonio's spurs would be the 2 and Iverson.  And Philly won't do that,
although they probably will offer the 2 and Stackhouse (Lord help us if
the Spurs bite at THAT one....)

>I think Foyle is the 2nd best center in the draft  clearly.

How do we know?  Has anyone seen him play against real competition?  I'm
not sure I buy the Dare comparison -- Dare, among other things, has
really bad knees and a crappy attitude -- but the man has GOT to be a
project.  He's a real risk.  But then again, so is Van Horn, so is
Cato, so is Daniels, so is ANYBODY who could be there at 6.  Again, I
will give Pitino the benefit of the doubt in re-shaping this team.

Michael Gooen