two lottery picks

well i can't say i expected this, but i expected this.  the odds of
getting Duncan were worse than a coin flip and we all had him in the
starting lineup and wearing a celtics championship ring.

it seems that with the two lottery picks we should pick the best
available player for Pitino's system.  even with Walker and the two new
Pitinoesque players we will likely make the lottery again next year.

this does not mean hoping for the bottom and cheering for losses.  it is
reality.  it seems that this will allow us to pick another young player
that fits with the Pitino system.  that would mean four young talented
players hand-picked for Pitino's system.

also we should as possible trade off as many players as possible who
don't fit in the Pitino system.  we should look for free agents with
Veteran abilities who fit in the Pitino system to educate the younger
players in much the way that Porter is teaching Stephon in Minnesota.

it would have been nice to get Duncan.  it is likely that we will have a
nucleus of four lottery picks in four years from which to build a
powerful team.  the victories may not come as quickly as any of us would
wish for, but the victories will come.  the young talent will mature
within the Pitino system and we should be playoff material within three
years easily.

the league seems divided right now between older and younger teams.  our
sights for a championship should be building a group who can compete
with the up and coming youth of the league as the aging cycle slows the
dynasties of the 90s.

just some random thoughts from the centre of Kansas

david rhaesa