Another one

http://www.boston.com:80/globe/spt/cgi-bin/retrieve.cgi?%2Fglobe%2Fbgc%2F138%2Fspt%2F020

Here is another one.

Pro basketball: Celtics shooting at
               36 percent today

               By Peter May, 05/18/97

               True Celtics fans have had today circled on their Frank
               Brickowski autographed calendar for months. We all
               figured M.L. Carr would be making the trip to Secaucus
               to represent the Celtics in the NBA lottery. We just
               didn't think his presence would be a goodwill gesture
               from the new boss.

               The Celtics have the best chance of landing the No. 1
               pick, but, we hasten to add, they would be bucking
               history to do so. As much as the lottery tries to help
the
               downtrodden, its history is one of unpredictability.

               This will be the 13th edition of the lottery. It has been

               refined and reconfigured on two occasions and gone
               from seven teams in 1985 to the current 13. In the 12
               previous cases, whether the odds were weighted or not,
               only twice has the team with the worst record ended up
               with the first pick.

               Those two instances were 1988, with Danny Manning
               going to the Clippers, and 1990, with Derrick Coleman
               going to the Nets.

               Even in the last three years, with the current weighted
               system in place, justice has not prevailed. Let's take a
               closer look.

               This story ran on page d6 of the Boston Globe on
05/18/97.
               © Copyright 1997 Globe Newspaper Company.

               Related Stories: