Vescey, etc.

A good insight on why Vescey irritates, re the Knicks tickets.  He wants
to show he's an insider & like others won't accept the role of journalist,
but seeks to be a chum; not to mention the report that Dick Vitale called
Pitino and begged him to stay with the college game--does he have a
vested interest or what?  Oh well, it bothers me when they call the
coach by his first name instead of the respectful title "coach."

Glad to see Karl et al finish off the Lakers.  I like the personna that the
Lakers' coach exhibits, but to put the load on a 19 year old rookie at the
end of regulation and in OT was way out of line.  If I were Van Exel, I
would be a little upset.

Gene   (5 days)