Gee, what else...Pitino

Hi, folks,

	I went out of town for a few weeks, then came back just in time to
catch all the Pitino furor, and the hiring.

	While I was gone I unsubscribed to the list, and am _just_ back on.
So I don't know much of what has been posted or what direction things have
been going.  I am frothing at the mouth about the C's now, so I am, for my
own good, giving you people my $0.02.  Sorry if I am redundant.

	On May 18, by 5pm, we will know if the final piece of the puzzle is
in place.  At this point, things really could not appear to be going any
better for the C's.  I am quoting a friend when I use this term, but I
think last year's team was a "ghost" 30-35 win, it's competitiveness sapped
away by undercoaching, uneven talent distribution, and the most
player-games lost to injury of any team in the league.

	To that base, you are adding what will hopefully turn out to be Tim
Duncan, the gift-pick from Dallas, and Rick Pitino, whose reputation has
been built, and in this instance staked, on his ability to rebuild programs
not to be competitive, but to win it all.

	Pitino has to know the C's are too small in the backcourt, with
Wesley, Barros, and Brown.  He has also said that we need a point guard.
He has praised Barros in particular.  Will he be willing to sign David to
the major bucks (probably $3-$4 mil/yr) when he doesn't absolutely need to?

If the C's do get Tim Duncan, would he consider the front-court needs to be
filled and then use the 6th pick to take Antonio Daniels or Billups, whom
he could pair with Barros in the backcourt, and then be covered if Wesley
went to Charlotte?

If the C's do not get Tim Duncan, would he use whatever pick he got to
claim Adonal Foyle, who is the only real pro center in the top picks?
Battie appears to have a Camby/Joe Smith/McDyess-type power forward body.
Not a center.  Foyle's a physical beast, and is the NCAA all-time leader in
blocked shots.

Gotta run.  Later!