Re: Celtics Roster Changes

> June:
> Draft Tim Duncan with the Number One pick.

Agreed.

> Trade the 6th pick and Radja to Milwaukee for Baker and Milwaukee's first
> round pick # 13.

If Baker is indeed on the trading blocks, they can get much more for Baker,
for instance I am sure Vancouver will give their 1st rounder in a heart
beat for Baker, in addition the Bucks can go after Cliff Robinson and they
get to keep their 13th pick which they could use to draft a Backup center
or a point.

I would either stay put at #6 or try to move up, the first six as I see are
Duncan, Mercer, Battie, Foyle, Van Horn and Thomas not necessarily in that
order. I can be happy with Duncan + <any 1 of the above 5>. The trouble
will be if  Dallas pick is greater than 6.

> Trade Barros, Minor and Boston's 2nd round pick #31 to Philly for
Stackhouse.
> Draft Brevin Knight with the 13th pick.

I doubt whether this will even be entertained by Philly

> Sign David Wesley.

Agreed.

> July:
> Renounce Fox and Day

Agreed.

> August:
> Convince Ewing that he will never win a title in NYC, and should prolong
his
> career in Boston  as a backup center in the finest Bill Walton tradition.
> Sign Patrick Ewing as the backup center at 4M$ for 2 years

Ewing wants 4 years 60 mill contract @ 15mill/year and looks like he will
get it too, so this will be a reach.

For trades, there are four teams who will be in desperate need of a
starting PF Suns, Clippers because Loyd Vaught is an FA, Nets because
Gatling doesn't want to play in New Jersey, Dallas has an aging A.C.Green.
The PF's that can be gotten via free agency are Cliff Robinson, Loyd
Vaught. The C's could trade Radja to any one of the above depending on what
they can get in return.

I don't see why anybody would want Dana <his salary not with-standing>
because most teams with strong inside game are already loaded with three
point gunners. There is a faint chance that the trail blazers may be
interested but I doubt it.
                                                          - Mishra