Re: Celtics Roster Changes

Some good ideas but a bit unrealistic

>June:
>Draft Tim Duncan with the Number One pick.

>Trade the 6th pick and Radja to Milwaukee for Baker and Milwaukee's first
>round pick # 13.
I dont think that Milwaukee would make this trade.  Why should they acquire a
non defensive, injury prone, slow, aging player, who has an outrageous salary
for his ability, in Radja for Baker who is an allstar.  We should just take
Billups at this point instead of trading down.

>Trade Barros, Minor and Boston's 2nd round pick #31 to Philly for
Stackhouse.
Once again I think that this will not happen because of the salaries that
Philly would undertake in this deal.  Minor cant shoot and is still earning
aton.  Barros is a role player who will fit well in Pitinos style.  Besides
he is too small for our division.  Stackhouse would be great to have though.

>Draft Brevin Knight with the 13th pick.
I would prefer Billups

>Sign David Wesley.
I do agree that Wesley is much more valueable to this team than Fox.

>July:
>Renounce Fox and Day
If We dont renounce Day then I agree Pitino should be fired.

>August:
>Convince Ewing that he will never win a title in NYC, and should prolong
 his
>career in Boston  as a backup center in the finest Bill Walton tradition.
>Sign Patrick Ewing as the backup center at 4M$ for 2 years.
Ewing has too much pride to be a backup.  What would be the advantage of
having him for two years if his goal is to win the ring.  He will resign with
NY or else seek a starting role with a playoff team.

>Lineup

>Starters:  Duncan, Baker, Walker, Stackhouse, Wesley
>Bench:   Ewing, Williams, Brown, Ellison, Knight, Conlon and a final roster
>spot to be filled from CBA ranks.
I would much prefer Barros in this system to Brown.