Re: Celtics Roster Changes

> With the arrival of Pitino, and all of his connections and associations,
it opens up a lot of possibilities for the rebuilding plan.  I read his
comments
> about needing a point guard and a center as being in line with reality.
Until/if Wesley signs, there is no point guard on the roster.  Here's my
plan to rebuild the team.  This requires luck on the 18th, and some
trades......

> June:
> Draft Tim Duncan with the Number One pick.

We have to get it first. We will know in a week !

> Trade the 6th pick and Radja to Milwaukee for Baker and Milwaukee's first
round pick # 13.

Good idea, but Milwaukee probably wouldn't go for it and if we can land him
in 2 years for nothing is it worth it ?

> Trade Barros, Minor and Boston's 2nd round pick #31 to Philly for
Stackhouse.

Larry Brown believes in Stackhouse  so don't expect this.

> Draft Brevin Knight with the 13th pick.
>
> Sign David Wesley.

A point guard tandem of Knight & Wesley would be suicide in the NBA.
Knight is extremely quick but what about 5'10" at the most ?  A major
defensive liability.  Go with Billups or Antonio Daniels.

> July:
> Renounce Fox and Day

Fox has filed for FA & Day will not be resigned.

> August:
> Convince Ewing that he will never win a title in NYC, and should prolong
his career in Boston  as a backup center in the finest Bill Walton
tradition.
> Sign Patrick Ewing as the backup center at 4M$ for 2 years

This definitely won't happen.  Ewing wouldn't even consider this an he does
not fit in a young teams plans.