Re: BIRD FLEW THE COUP! I can't believe it!

Daniel E. Forant Sr. wrote:

> HI: I can believe it.  Actually Bird has a personality problem. He is
> better off with Indiana than dealing with Pitino and the people he brought
> with him. Without a doubt my favorite player, I really think he has a
> problem getting his message across. From what I read he had problems in
> college with his background and developed a complex. I think it still
> shows. Outside of his basketball physical skills, he has not been tested
> yet. If he keeps his rank, and distant personality, he'll self destruct. I
> hope not.
> Dan Forant
> >From: Colin Hall <colin@inet-direct.com>
> >Subject: BIRD FLEW THE COUP! I can't believe it!
> >
> >It is official Larry will sign with the Pacers.  I do not know about the
> >rest of you all but I feel betrayed and frustrated.  I wish I knew what
> >Bird's motives were...was it just to be a Coach, was it the money, unwilling
> >to work alongside Pitino, family obligations, part ownership, sick of
> >Boston, or loss of all Celtic Pride whatsoever???
> "danny3@capital.net"
> "A fortunate one"

I must disagree.  Bird, surprisngly has things together pretty well
(considering his father's suicide).  He does seem a little indecisive.
This hardly warrants a disorder, however.  In fact, he seems to be doing
quite well on a level of social functioning.  I feel that we should
honor Larry's service to the C's and wish him well w/ the Pacers (until
they face us!!).