>Brown-yes
>
>Free agents:
>Day-probably
>Wesly-yes
>Fox-yes
>Brick-no
>Lister-no
>Conlon-maybe
>
>Hopefully, I haven't left anyone out.  This means that the priority body to
>move is Dino  Radja, followed by Dana Barros.   If Pitino can motivate the
>man, the big winner in this could be none other than Dee Brown, who if
>healthy and properly coached could ressurect his career as an all purpose 3rd
>guard.  Ellison and Minor are two other players with "up side" in a Pitino
>system.  Comments???

Good topic!

  Pitino says he wants pressure defense, and lots of defense in general,
in which case I agree that Wesley and Fox have got to be top of the
list to re-sign.  Those are the two that I would want if I were given
the challenge of rebuilding the defense.

  By the way, I'm excited to think the Celtics will finally learn how
to really pressure the ball.  I didn't know whether to laugh or cry
every time I saw them this season thinking they were trapping and
pressuring, when all they were doing was running around waving their
arms in the air, and not really putting pressure on the ball.

  The only changes I think I'd make to the list to get it in line with
what Pitino's likely to want is to say "Ellison - no, Minor - yes,
Day - Maybe".  Mind you, I think that as of today, Day is the best
player of those 3, but I think he's the least coachable, while Minor
has incredible potential and seems very coachable.

  Day has tons of talent, but he's out of control.  If Pitino can get him
to not force up garbage shots which counteract his brilliant passes and
plays, then Todd Day will finally become an extremely valuable player.
He sometimes shows defensive skills, too.  It's tough to say what will
become of Todd Day.  If they feel they can't teach him discipline on the
court, they'll probably let him go.

  Greg Minor is raw physical talent just waiting to be shaped.  He seems to
have quickness and jumping ability which is close to Michael Jordan's, but
he has no clue what to do with it.  When he drives, he doesn't know when
to pull up & shoot vs. take it all the way.  Defensively?  He has the
quickness to be great, but he isn't great.  Minor is the guy who I think
could benefit the most from Pitino's coaching.

  You may have a point there about Dee Brown.  He seems to me to be a guy
with intense desire to win, and incredible quickness, jumping ability, and
a good shot, who also sometimes gets in there and rebounds and blocks shots.
He's been depressed by his teams' losing and his injuries.  Pitino might
be able to do wonders for Dee Brown, and he might see Dee as a powerful
defensive weapon in a trapping defense scheme.

  Barros is too much in love with his 3 point shot, and a defensive liability.
If the Celtics can get rid of his salary, they'll be in great shape.

  If the Celtics pick 2 big men in the draft, I believe Ellison will be
gone, or relegated to a third-string backup.

  While Conlon probably doesn't fit in very well skill-wise, he has such
an incredibly stong passion for winning that he may be good to have around
on the bench and in practices.  He might just hang around a while.

  I hope they make the right moves!

Jon McIntyre