Volk and Bird

The big surprise to me is seeing that Jan Volk is on the block. He
basically grew up with the Celtics and has been in charge of the legal end
of deals. Probably this has been brewing for a while - but having the worst
season in Celts history and a new coach in charge is an opportunity to make
wholesale changes. As for Bird, it sounds like things are falling together
his way, and Pitino has stated he wants Bird to be part of management.
However I think the Globe made the point that the money would be difficult
to manage; after giving Pitino a star contract it will be hard for the
Celts to match the Pacer's offer fo Larry.

We'll see. This is getting exciting.

- -Marc,

not sleeping until draft day