REALISTIC

Hi, all
	I know most of you are delirious with happiness about Pitino coaching,
so who am I to object?  However, I would like to see Pitino just be the
coach, if he really does come here.  There are other people who would
make good GM's.  I agree with whoever said that's alot of power to give
one man.  ML had too much power, you all thought, so why would it be
okay for Pitino?  Don't forget, it's been awhile since he coached the
Knicks, and he's been coaching college.  There is a very real
difference.  I don't say he can't do it, he already has, but it's been
awhile.  I think he'll have enough to do just coaching.  It just might
be that bird has been offered GM.  I agree that Bird lacks the patience
and the people skills to be good at dealing with the press, etc.  I
don't know what he can do, and neither does anyone else.  By the way,
Riley may be a good coach, but he HATES the Celtics.  He'd never come
here and I, for one, wouldn't want him to.  I still regret that ML
didn't hire Dave Cowens.  And finally, I don't think anyone should be
given a 10 year contract.
Dorine