Celtics

        Now that its all but official that Pitino is the new coach and GM of
the Celtics, I could not be happier, but could not feel worse. I'm also a
Kentucky fan, and it was a great day when my favorite college player went to
my favourite NBA team. And once again, my favourite college coach comes to
my favourite NBA team. But, I can't help but thinking, " Where does this
leave Kentucky." Oh well, this isn't a Kentucky mailing list, so I won't
make my feeling felt on that point. But, Pitino, in my opinion, is the best
coach in the sport of basketball. Better than Riley, better than Jackson.

        What I wanted to ask, what was Pitino's style in New York when he
coached the Knicks? I never got a chance (or remember) to see Pitino coach
in the NBA. Will he implement a type of pressure system (similar to Phoenix
in the first 6 or 7 minutes in Game 5 or the defence he's famous for in
Kentuck) or will it be a standard NBA man-to-man defence. I know he can't
play zone (illegal defence), but what will Pitino use? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Alex Caporicci
alexcap@odyssee.net