Re: Coaches/Bird

>I think that there are about 3 coaches that haven't really been mentioned.
Nellie,
>since we could have a run & gun team.  Bob Hill, who got flushed by a prima
donna,
>and Rick Adelman who the management wanted instant success with a couple of
aging
>veterans.  I think that all three would make for at least a good transition
guy.
>These guys are also if the Celts are thinking outside the team.  I would hope
that
>our coaches would run"

Nellie: no way. Red never liked Nellie's "overcoaching" style.
Hill: no way. His hair is too coiffed by Boston standards.
Adelman: naahh.

Pitino is the man. People seem to forget his Knicks won the Atlantic division.

>Regarding Larry going to Indiana (and I think he is going): perhaps it's
>the timing and the fact that it's LARRY BIRD (no offense to McHale, but
>"he's no Larry Bird") leaving the organization.  Also, McHale never had a
>job with the Celtics after he retired from playing. Bird did. The whole
>situation was different.

I hope Larry stays on as GM. But if he goes ... he goes. Bill Russell left the
C's "family" to coach another team, as did K.C., Bill Sharman, Nelson, Cousy,
Chaney, etc., etc. Larry as coach? He may suffer Cousy's Lament: players just
not as talented and dedicated as he was. Will he have the patience?

Whither K.C. in all this??