Re: TRADES, COACHES

In a message dated 97-05-04 21:57:15 EDT, norine@sover.net (Dorine Pratt)
writes:

> Nobody's angry with McHale for going back
>  to his home state when he retired, so why be angry that Larry might do
>  the same thing?  I'd like to see Larry coach the Celts, and would prefer
>  him to Pitino, even with the questions about how good he'd be.  However,
>  I'd prefer either of them to Brown.  I hate seeing such a legendary
>  franchise come down to this.  It's a disgrace.

I think the reason that some fans might be upset is b/c Larry said at his
retirement press conference that he would *always* be a Celtic and couldn't
picture himself otherwise. He made a reference that if you haven't played for
the Boston Celtics, then you haven't really played professional basketball. I
don't recall Kevin ever making any statements about wanting to stay in Boston
after his retirement.     It's a minor point, I'll grant you that, but he did
say it.

Before any flames come my way, I am not saying/suggesting that Larry cannot
change his mind. Of course he can... Situations change over time and so do
people. I am not angry at Larry, just disappointed to see him go (if, in
fact, that is what is going to happen) and disappointed that he might not be
in Boston when the Celtics return to glory. I'm sure that we all wish Larry
well, no matter where he ends up...

Just my thoughts.

- --Luke