Coaches

At 08:46 PM 5/4/97 -0400, you wrote:
>If we lose Pitino, Bird, Brown, etc we will not be stuck with ML.  Dennis
>Johnson would make a fine coach. He is no Pitino but at least he would
>attempt coaching this team unlike ML.  DJ could be a great coach and deserves
>a shot if all else fails.  he may also be more in touch with todays players
>unlike Brown who has been coaching for centuries.  I would prefer DJ over all
>except Pitino and Bird.  He is already a Celtics legend and would easily be a
>step up from ML.
>
>Jay

According to this mornings Globe Pitino met with his players last night and
though he didn't say he was leaving he did say that he will make up his mind
Tues or Wend. This is not new news. However the interesting thing is when
Pitino arrived at the KY gym to meet with his team guess who was shooting
around? Celtics Antoine Walker HMMMMMM.....Walker is quoated as saying "I
think he's coming to Boston."

As far a DJ is concerned I love the guy but....as C's assisant coach the
past couple of seasons what has he brought to the table to show that he
deserves to be head coach?  For all his ability on the court as a great
defensive guard the Celtics were one of the worst defensive teams in the
nba. Seems to me that he didn't teach what he knows best. No vote here for DJ.

JC