Brown not interested/Pitino might be

I just heard on sportscenter that Larry Brown told ESPN radio that he was
not interested in coaching the Celtics.  This is very surprising because he
just said a couple of days ago that he was only interested in coaching two
teams; Philadelphia and Boston, with Boston probably being his first choice.
Could he be saying this because he knows something that we don't about
Pitino coming to coach and the job not being available to him?  It is a
little odd that he all of a sudden is not interested.

I felt that after Pitino said he was 100% sure he was not coming to Boston
there was no chance of him coming, but after reading the following article
it seems to me that he might come here after all.

The article says:

So, it's true, Rick, he was asked. Are you heading to
 Boston to talk to the Celtics early next week?

 ``Ahhhhh ... no,'' he said. ``Ahhhh ... If I travel to
 Boston, it will be ... hopefully ... to be their coach.''

 ``All I've done is sign books,'' Pitino had said at first,
 ``and all I'm interested in now is the Kentucky Derby.''
 Indeed, Pitino went on, the Kentucky Derby cuts so
 much to the soul of the state that he wished to say or do
 nothing more to divert attention from today's race.

 ``All I want to do is watch the Kentucky Derby,'' said
 Pitino. ``I want to take nothing away. This is the biggest
 day of the year for the state of Kentucky ... aside from
 NCAA basketball championships ... and I want
 everybody to enjoy the Kentucky Derby.''

 Early next week, Pitino said, once the Derby is done,
 that's when he'll make his intentions clear. But on this day
 in this parking lot of this suburban Louisville hardware
 store, Pitino gave some strong hints.

 ``Some of what's been said [about his negotiations with
 the Celtics] is true,'' said the coach, ``and some of it isn't
 true. The truth is there is some truth to these things. Some
 things are true and some aren't true.''

 Anything not true about the Boston speculation?

 ``I think there's some truth in it, yeah, I do,'' Pitino said.
 ``Yeah ... there's some truth to it.''

 Any concrete offer made by the Celtics yet?

 ``All I'm going to say on the record is that I'm going to
 watch the Kentucky Derby,'' Pitino said. ``And then I'll
 speak very on the record and honestly after that. This is a
 big day in Kentucky, the Derby, and I want to enjoy the
 Derby, too.''

Now read this part, this is the part that is very convincing.

Meanwhile, it is known Pitino was on the phone
 Thursday, contacting David Falk, Antoine Walker's
 agent. Pitino was concerned about the portion of a Globe
 story that portrayed a strained Walker-Pitino
 relationship. So Falk called Walker to make sure the
 Celtics' rookie forward had no problems with the man
 who, quite possibly, could be his coach next season.

Why would Pitino contact Walker and make sure there was no problem with him
coming to coach if Pitino wasn't coming here.  It sounds like Pitino might
come after all.

What are everyones feelings from the article?  Is Pitino coming?  And is
Larry Brown really not interested in the job or does he think it is just not
available any more?