gh16@juno.com (Gregory Hurst): Iverson/Walker

- -
I can remember a rookie that scored a lot in the mid-eighties.   I think
he made a statement about management concerning him being held back, so
the team could get a higher draft pick.  The team and management became
upset at this young ,cocky , and brash rookie.  However, they realize
that he was the future and brought him back for the playoffs.  I think he
 might have scored 63 points in one game.  This kid scored often and his
team mates hardly ever scored in the twenties. Now this guy  has won
several championships with better talent around him.  My point is that
rookies make mistakes by saying things that get the fair weathered fan
upset.  However, when the maturity of Antoine Walker and Allen Iverson
develop, I hope that they are on my team.  If Boston or Philly traded
either player, this mistake would hurt them forever.  Can you name one
person that had shot to win the rookie of the year award and didn`t  want
it.  I think that either player would trade scoring points for a NBA
championship.  By the way that rookie`s name was Michael Jordan.  I still
can remember the critics saying "  Jordan will never win a championship,
because he scores too much".   Have you  heard that some where before?

Greg
gh16@juno.com
- --------- End forwarded message ----------