RE: Pitino

sent to me instead of the list I assume. -K

>I just went to ESPNET and there was a headline that Pitino wanted a long
>term contract with Kentucky.  To read the article you have to have a
<snipped>

bentz and all,

the full article (like most ESPNet 'members only' news stories) can be
found on the 'AP on the globe Online - NBA' link from the Globe's sport
section.

My reading of Pitino's comments is that he's perhaps looking for a way out
of Kentucky after having made the pathological liar comment and is going to
use the long-term contract idea as an excuse to get out of there (or else
he's just striking while the iron is hot to get more money from Kentucky).
Not sure that I like the games hes playing but wouldn't Riley (or even Red)
use whatever leverage he has to get the best deal?  Perhaps the C's need
someone with this kind of guts to make some deals for the organisation

Paul Whitla
Hong Kong

I think he said something to the effect of..

Either sign a long term contract or make a decision soon, because all of
the speculation isn't good for the stability of Kentucky basketball and
that is what he is concerned with.

k k @ h a r v a r d . e d u
U I S / H a r v a r d   U n i v e r s i t y