Re: Walker

> According to the Globe, Antoine might leave after three years if Pitino
coaches. If that is the case, do we want to make this move for Pitino. We
all know the  players call the shots, look at the Orlando situation. The
players calling the
> shots there didn't help, infact it made it worse. I think that Orlando
would be  alot better if Penny had kept his mouth shut. I know if I was a
player, I would  want the coach that could bring out the most in me. I
think that in the Celtics
> case, Pitino would bring the most out of Walker, and everybody else on
the team.  After watching Walker for a year, I get the feeling that he may
be a little  lazy. Not in the sense lazy as in doing nothing, but lazy as
in not wanting to
> work hard, and look beyond stats. From what I understand he was quite
happy with  his first year stats. As a player you need to want to win, and
that is all that  matters. Walker I believe may never do that. Right now he
is to young to know
> for sure. Time will tell. Lets hope Im wrong, because I love his game,
and I  think he is a good human being.

> -Derek-

Unfortunately, players like Walker (Coleman, Kemp, L.J.,  etc.) will never
win NBA championships because they are only concerned with making serious
bank even though  their performance is simply mediocre. They are not the
team players that help teams win championships.  Look at Jordan, Bird,
Olajuwon, etc. they all could have went to the Clippers & made $20 million
but their desire to win outweighed any financial incentive they could have
obtained.  Until this year or last Jordan was making what, something in the
$3M a year range ?