The Coaching Derby

     The key, my friends, is to force a decision out of Pitino soon.  I'm for
offering him everything.  He's the best coach for this team.  But we
shouldn't wait weeks for him, lose out on Larry Brown, and find out he
doesn't want to come.  If he won't commit we should sign Brown.  I don't want
to end up with Bob Hill or some other retread.
     For all their talent, Philly is a complete mess.  I can't imagine
someone would rather coach there than in Boston.  We have Walker, Williams,
two excellent picks, and solid players in Wesley and Radja.
     How serious is this Dennis Scott thing?  Don't we already have a Dennis
Scott but we call him Todd Day?  In any event, if it rids us of Dee it is
worth it.
                                                                Mark