Re:

Tripp Millitz wrote:

> What is this crap??  I have no problems with the fact you may support M.L.,
> but the way in which you do so is a little much.
>  Do you know what Larry Bird has done for this organization.... the whole
> city of Boston??  What is this Opie garbage??
<snip>

> >>Paul M.

Paul:

If you stop and think about it, LB does kinda look like Opie.  But
beyond that, LB did what he was paid to do.  He wasn't perfect and is
not God.  Mark is free to critize him and justifiably so.  It seems to
me that LB is taking shots in public at people within the organization.
Why is he doing that?  Further, LB did no more for the Celtics than did
Bailey Howell, Bill Russell, KC Jones, Bill Fitch, Bob Sharman, Sam
Jones, John Havlichek, Larry Seigfreid, JoJo White, Dennis Scott, ML
Carr, Red Auerbach, Dennis Johnson, Danny Ainge, Kevin McHale, Chief, et
al.  Last time I saw, LB only played on 3 championship teams.  I think
the guys who played on the other 13 deserve a little credit.

So, lay off Mark.  Besides, I agree with him and have been lol at all
his posts.

Let's see, if I had first pick and all the players were in their prime,
would I take Bill Russell or Larry Bird.  I take Bill Russell.
- --
Bentz
bocelts@scsn.net
http://www.scsn.net/users/sclaw