Re: Georgetown's Page

bagaco@worldnet.att.net wrote:

>--
>ESPNET is reporting that Victor Page is entering the NBA draft. A 6'3"
>Shooting Gaurd. He is the scoring leader of the Big East Confrence. What
>do you guys think about him as a second round draft pick if we can't get
>Anderson with our second round pick?-Tony

Two words: HEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLL NO!

Page is leaving Georgetown because he can't take the academics there, not
because he (or anyone else) thinks that he's ready for the NBA.  He's
very raw, and his numbers look good because he takes a lot of shots, but i've
seen times where he's cold and can't do anything.  In my opinion, Victor will
be lucky to be drafted at all, and even our second round pick is too high to
take him with.  If he's undrafted then I wouldn't mind it if they invite him to
Brandies this summer and let him try to play his way onto the team, but he's
not worth a draft pick.

Jeff