Dee brown & Future

> From Dee's interview it appears that he is in for the long haul, which
> means that Dee will backup Wesley <if he signs?> at PG, and  Dana will
back> up Minor. ML will go big with both his picks which means we can
expects
> combinations such as:
> 	<Duncan, Van Horn>                <Battie, Van Horn>
>  	<Duncan, Battie>                     <Battie, LaFrentz>
>  	<Duncan, LaFrentz>	or        <Battie, Jamison>
> 	<Duncan, Jamison>                  <Battie, Thomas>
> 	<Duncan, Thomas>		<Battie, Foyle>
>
> This makes sense, because if we get Duncan and any of the above 5
mentioned on the left hand side, we will be all set for the next decade or
so at the forward position. In the most optimistic case, the C's go into
the next
> season with:
>
> 	Tim Duncan      <C>
> 	Pervis Ellison    <C>
> 	Antoine Walker <PF>
> 	Dino Radja       <PF>
> 	Keith Van Horn <SF>
> 	Eric Williams    <SF>
> 	Minor                <SG>
> 	Dana		<SG>
> 	Wesley		<PG>
> 	Dee		<PG>
>
> Minor at SG is the weakest in the lineup but if he could learn to play
the
> position like Nate McMilan, the C's will be set their too.
>                                                            - Mishra

We will probably be looking at Thomas, LaFrentz, Jamison, Foyle, Billups,
Willoughby  available with the Dallas pick.  Some good young talent.

I see a couple of problems:

1. Dee Brown can't play point guard worth squat, too slow & not a good
enough playmaker.

2. We can't play with a back court of Barros & Wesley way too small & a
defensive liability against big guards.  If we don't land a big 2, Barros
must go.

3. Minor can't shoot from the outside,  so he does not help us at the 2
except for limited backup support.

I still like moving Minor for Brent Barry who can play both positions and
letting D.J. work with him,  &  drafting Willoughby, Billups, Garris, Miles
Simon, or Antonio Daniels with the Dallas pick or second rounder, plus
possibly a Bobby Phills as a free agent.

Can anyone post the free agent list again ?

Does anyone think Mike Bibby will go pro ?  His dad was a great playmaker
in his day.