Winning the championship with one dominant player

I was thinking about this issue and I know the
original mail thread had to do with the NCAA
championships.  However, I could think of a
recent NBA team...

The team is the Detroit Pistons in the late
'80/early '90's.  Isiah Thomas was an all-star
but I would really call him a "dominant" player.
Joe Dumars was still starting out.  After that,
they had a bunch of thugs named Laimbeer,
Mahorn, Edwards, Rodman (before the
tatoos), etc.

Speaking of which, I still recall Vinnie
Johnson getting a splitting headache
during a playoff game against the Celtics.
And of course, the "steal" (ok, the second
most famous "steal" in Celtics history)