On Wed, 19 Mar 1997, KJGoo wrote:

> Caleb J. McArthur wrote:
>

> > > Name a team who has won a championship with only one dominate player.
> >
> > Didn't Danny Manning pretty much single handedly carry Kansas to the
> > championship?
> >
> > CJM
>
> Sure, Caleb, but that was in college.  I think what we're all concerned

I was just responding to the question.  People criticized Duncan for not
taking his *college* team further.  Someone responded by asking what one
player ever carried his team to a championship.  The answer is Manning.

As for Duncan, I Agree  that he will have the benefit of other players
around him (hopefully Celtic players).  The question is who is going to be
the go-to, take control, can hit the big shot under pressure guy?  Few
Centers have played that role on a championship team.  Can Duncan join the
ranks of Kareem, Olajuwon, Wilt, or will the Celtics need to find their
leader elsewhere?  If the later is true, we better hope we get lucky with
that second pick or pull off some sort of a trade.

CJM