Caleb J. McArthur wrote:

> > Name a team who has won a championship with only one dominate player.
>
> Didn't Danny Manning pretty much single handedly carry Kansas to the
> championship?
>
> CJM

Sure, Caleb, but that was in college.  I think what we're all concerned
about is winning in the NBA (which, incidentally, Manning hasn't done
much of).  However, I think we're being a little too pessmistic here.
If -- excuse me, WHEN -- the C's get Duncan, they won't be a one man
team.  They'll have Walker, Williams and Radja to complement him
offensively, plus the proceeds from another lottery pick (whether traded
or spent).  One hopes they will also have a real live coach.
Considering how many close games they've lost to good teams this year,
if everything breaks right in the offseason we could be looking at a
1979-80 like renaissance.

Michael Gooen