[none]

Just 2 quick thoughts.

 I remember all the talk ealier this year about Chris Ford. He was
tough...good x's and o's...wouldn't take any crap from players...Celtics
should've kept him. Dorine, you're right, thanks for bringing it up...this
guy is miserable. He's an unimaginative screamer who can't motivate and has
zero ability to judge talent. Just one last time, and I hope last night's
game and Chris Ford's record is enough proof, any guy who loves Sherman
Douglas as much as he does is an idiot. At best Ford's mediocre; a snoozer
who'll take any team limping and demoralized, at best, to the first round
of the playoffs. Here, I'll say it, thank God ML got rid of this guy and
took over or Walker, Williams and Wesley would be begging to get out of
here so they could actually develop their games.

Now...
>1)  how to expand Larry Bird's presence in management.  This not only
>makes sense in its own right, but will make the Celtics more appealing
>to possible free agents...

Why? Bird liked Acie Earl, Bird liked Montross, Bird liked Eddie Jones,
I've heard all these stories on this list about who Bird liked or didn't
like over and over...forget Bird. Let him stay in Florida. You want the
free agents of 98 to come to Boston? Here, I've said it before and I'll say
it again, George Karl's contract is up in the summer of 98. Let ML Carr
have this team with Duncan for one more year then give Karl lots of
cash...the young free agents will follow Karl, not somone they barely
remember watching on tv, and to be frank, probably didn't like much when
and if they saw him.

Paul M