The fix is in.

At 10:41 PM 97.3.17 -0800, smishra wrote:
>> P.S. I hate to blow my own horn (well actually I like it, but...).  I
>> deserve about 1/1000 of the credit for tonight's win.  I wrote up the
>> portion of this post that dealt with the first 2 quarters, during
>> halftime (being rather pressed for time these days).  I titled the
>> post "Celts beat Bucks" even though the score was tied at the time.
>> I'm sure my positive thinking played a big role in the victory.  Don't
>> worry, Josh, I promise to use this power sparingly for the rest of the
>> season.
>----------
>Please Bill, let it hibernate until the first week of Nov. I had the C's
>pinned down top beat Vancouver to 250 pingpong balls but looks like it
>won't happen. - Mishra

Not to worry. I did a quick and dirty simulation of the draft, using the
probabilities of getting the #1 pick based on current standings and pulling
out a single random number with a hand-held pocket calculator. The idea was
to do this once and only once -- the I Ching philosophy of accepting chance
as destiny. I did it once and the Celts number came up. I threw away the
calculator so that I won't be tempted to try again. We can all relax now.

- -Marc

p.s. don't anyone else try this! The results could be dangerous.