Re: Trading the Dallas Pick

related to David post below. I was thinking, what if the dallas pick is
just beyond van horn/battie/foyle/mercer/etc. (and we do get Duncan, I
wouldn't want to do this without the #1 pick). We trade down, say from the
8th to the 15th, BUT the trade has to include dee, dana, or other players
making too much $$$ for a return player.

(since sura was brought up before I'll just use him as an example)
Something like #8/dee/minor for #16/sura. Not that this is realistic but
this is the only way we will get any leverage in a trade involving dee or
dana, unless we eat part of their contract (which still counts against us
for the cap right?). Assuming the long term goal is money for 98 FA
spending spree. (who had the monks/joe smith dream?)

I would only consider this IF there are no impact players left at the
dallas spot, we have tried everything to move up without giving up
walker/williams/picks (maybe williams if the price was right), we have an
idea of who to pick in the mid teens, and have made a definate decision
about wesley (if he wants chris childs money I would get a knight or vaughn
no matter how much I like david).

Anyway, I'm just talking off the top of my head.
Ken

>	We'll have to see where the Dallas pick ends up.  If it's
>something like #1, & #3, I wouldn't trade it at all, unless someone wishes
>to take *BOTH* Dino Radja and Dee Brown.  A #6 pick this year isn't going
>to be as good as it was last year, so that's decent trade bait,
>especially if we get a player that's only had 1 or 2 years in the league.

k k @ h a r v a r d . e d u
U I S / H a r v a r d   U n i v e r s i t y