Trading the Dallas Pick

On Mon, 17 Mar 1997, Jerry allan Lawson wrote:

> 	Well Tim Duncan played his last college game on Sunday. He had 18
> pts., 20 REBOUNDS, and 6 turnovers. However, I think the most important
> aspect of his game is CONSISTENCY. He alays has consistent numbers, with
> the potntial for big games now and again. Plus his attitude is great. I
> see him as a person that will, like Larry Bird, want to stay with the team
> he is drafted by forever, regardless of salary. He is not your average
> money-hungry college star. He would be a great future addition for the
> Celtic's.
> 	With the Dallas pick, I say we use it to trade. I think this
> Dallas pick mught be good enough to help rid ourselves of either Brown or
> Radja. Especially to a team without a great pic in this year's draft like
> DALLAS!!! Or how about New Jersey. I would certainly look to trade the
> Dallas pick and Dino Radja to New Jersey for Sam Cassell or Kerry Kittles.

	We'll have to see where the Dallas pick ends up.  If it's
something like #1 & #3, I wouldn't trade it at all, unless someone wishes
to take *BOTH* Dino Radja and Dee Brown.  A #6 pick this year isn't going
to be as good as it was last year, so that's decent trade bait,
especially if we get a player that's only had 1 or 2 years in the league.

> Our Line Up for Next Year with this:
>
> 1. Sam Cassell       Backup: David Wesley
> 2. Greg Minor        Backup: Dana Barros
> 3. Eric Williams     Backup: Rick Fox
> 4. Antoine Walker    Backup: Stacy King
> 5. Tim Duncan        Backup: Frank Brickowski
>
> This looks like quite an improvement from this year's lineup.
>
> Or our lineup could look like this:
>
> 1. David Wesley      Backup: Dana Barros
> 2. Kerry Kittles     Backup: Greg Minor
> 3. Eric Williams:    Backup: Rick Fox
> 4. Antoine Walker    Backup: Stacy King
> 5. Tim Duncan        Backup: Frank Brickowski

	I like this one better.  However, isn't Brick gone at the end of
the year?  I think the backup center would be Ellison.  Either way, an
improvement.
Peace, Love, and Celtic Pride forever
- -David