Re: Pitino

>          Remember Pitino with the Knicks? He turned them around and
>          he could do the same thing with Boston. He is not just
>          another college coach. Personally, I think of the group you
>          mentioned, only Riley has proven himself capable of winning
>          with any hand dealt him.

EXCUSE ME??  What, exactly, has Riley proven without anything dealt to him?
Has he won anything without an all-star #1 pick center?  I think that Riley
is a fine coach, but I don't think he deserves to be praised for winning
titles without any talent dealt to him.  He had spectacular talent on the
Lakers, obviously, some of the greatest players of all time in Magic and
Kareem.  The Knicks were far less talented, but still had Ewing and
resorted to bruiser-ball to win.  Now, he has plenty of talent again in
Miami.  Surely Mourning fits in the same category as some of the other
players you mentioned.

Matt

By the way, I agree 100% that picking up Pitino would be a fantastic move.
He can coach in the pros, has proven it, and would attract free agents to
an otherwise unattractive franchise.