ML as assistant? (was Re: Pitino)

> I'm not saying that Pitino is the answer to our problems, but I think it
> is pretty obvious that we need a coach who is better at the Xs and Os
> than ML (if we ever seriously want to compete, that is).  We should be
> spending *WHATEVER IT TAKES* to get a quality coach in here (Pitino or
> whoever else).  Again, why should we (as fans) care one way or the other
> how much the team spends on its staff (rather than its players, which is
> a different story).  If they have the money and feel it's a good
> investment, let them spend it.

	I agree that the Celtics are at the point where they need a coach
to teach them the Xs and Os.  I was wondering:  there have been many
comments (with which I agree) that while ML is not a good X&O coach, he
is a good motivator.   Any comments on, hypothetically, whether ML might
be a good ASSISTANT COACH for Pitino? I doubt this would happen, but
consider this:  Pitino for Xs & Os, and Carr for motivation.  Just a
thought to get away from Duncan and the draft for a while.

Peace, Love, and Celtic Pride forever

* David M. Darlington                 email:  darlingt@muhlberg.edu  *
* Muhlenberg College                  Campus Box:  1576              *
* Class of '99                        http://www.jungle.net/darlingt *