Re: Pitino

>> ESPN's Digger Phelps said Kentucky's Rick Pitino will be wooed by the
>> Boston Celtics.The rumors are getting thicker.I think the way the NBA
is
>> now we need a guy like Pitino.I say spend top dollar and get him in
>> here!Get rid of Carr!
>
>He's not worth the big bucks (25-30mil).

I just don't understand comments like this.  Who cares how much the
Celtics want to pay him?  If they give him $1 million or $100 million, it
makes no difference to me.  There's no salary cap for coaches . . .

I'm not saying that Pitino is the answer to our problems, but I think it
is pretty obvious that we need a coach who is better at the Xs and Os
than ML (if we ever seriously want to compete, that is).  We should be
spending *WHATEVER IT TAKES* to get a quality coach in here (Pitino or
whoever else).  Again, why should we (as fans) care one way or the other
how much the team spends on its staff (rather than its players, which is
a different story).  If they have the money and feel it's a good
investment, let them spend it.