Re[4]: New Don Leventhal's rankings.

>----------          Is anyone else still skeptical of Raef LaFrentz? I hope
>>           Leventhal is right about his stock rising, but I just hope
>>           someone else takes him and pushes a Thomas/Jamison/Foyle
>>           down to us with the Dallas pick.
>>
>>           I see LaFrentz as a nice role player, maybe a
>>           mid-first-rounder, but I don't think he's worthy of a
>>           lottery pick.
>>

>I don't understand how you can substantiate this one.  Lafrentz has led
>this team all year and been very consistent. Very reminiscent of Christian
>Laettner style of play.

Get outta here!  Don't get me wrong, as a UVA-alum, I couldn't STAND
Christian Laettner in college.  But he was one of the best college
basketball players ever.  Laettner had size, toughness, some ball-handling
and passing ability, as well as range, including 3 point range, on his jump
shot.  If the only characteristic you are trying to compare is that they
were team leaders, then maybe thats true (although it seemed to me that
Vaughn and Haase were more in that role).  But it would still be a very
misleading statement to compare the two.

Matt

HAVE TO AGREE WITH MATT ON THIS ONE. LAFRENTZ IS A GOOD PLAYER, NOT A
          GREAT PLAYER LIKE LAETTNER. IN TRUTH, I THINK PAUL PIERCE IS
          THE BEST NBA PROSPECT ON THE KANSAS TEAM. -- MBERRY