Vaugh/Pitino etc.

I'm still going ot have to side with the people who say not to get Jacque
Vaughn.  I don't think that Vaughn is worthy of a top 10 pick, and that's
where our picks will both be.  I think that this is not a year like last,
where there were dominant point guards availible.  Although guys like Vaughn
and Brevin Knight may be the best this draft has to offer, i think that there
is not nearly as much difference between them and guys that we could get in
the second round (like Dejuan Wheat or Kiwane Garris, for example), whereas
last year, there was Iverson and Marbury and everyone else was at least two
notches below the next best PG available (Steve Nash).

As for the coaching scenario, going from Carr to Pitino is jumping from one
extreme to the other.  I don't think that the celtics will be willing to pay
what Pitino is going to command, (probably something like 5 million a year and
full control of personnell), and if they do end up getting him, we all know
that ultimately we are the ones who will be paying for it.  I think that
there's a happy medium somewhere out there, where we can get a good quality
coach and not break the bank.  Let the team grow for a while, and then get a
guy like Pitino in when we're ready to make a legitimate run at a championship.

Jeff