(fwd) Re: foyle

>jwt2@lehigh.edu wrote:
>>
>> People, i hate to break it to you, but Foyle isn't that good!  I've seen him
>> play live numerous times now, and he's very overrated, especially on offense.
>>
>> On offense, he often misses easy shots.  People say "well thats because he has
>> 3 guys on him", which is partly true, but i have seen him miss easy shots with
>> NOBODY on him.  He has a very inconsisten jumper, a below 50% free throw
>> percentage, and he committed more turnovers than anyone in the patriot league
>> this season.
>>
>> He's a good defender, but i have yet to see him play D on someone else who
>> would be an NBA center.  A lot of those blocks he gets are on players 5 inches
>> shorter than him.
>>
>> I don't think he's worth of a top 5 pick, and anyone that takes him is going
>> to have a big project on their hands...we have enough projects as it is.
>>
> Jeff
>
>Jeff, how about comparing him to Montross so we'll have something to
>identify him with?  I've never seen him play.  Thanks, Troy

Troy,

It's hard to compare Foyle in college to Montross as a pro, but i'll tell you
one thing...Montross was much better fundamentally as a college player than
Foyle is.  Fundamentally, Foyle need work (and understandably so, i don't
know how long he has been playing ball for), i've seen him make some
fundamental mistakes that I learned playing Newton Youth basketball.  Foyle is
probably more athletic, and will probably turn out to be a better NBA player
than Montross is, but it will take some time.

Jeff